+90 212 365 78 00-99 (100 line)
Undergraduate Applications of Candidates to be Accepted from Abroad quota for the 2021-2022 Academic Year
International students who are currently seniors or have graduated from a secondary school that offers a currIculum equIvalent to a Turkosh High School and who satisfy the requirements below may apply to pursue an undergraduate degree at the Istanbul TechnIcal UniversIty (ITU) for 2020-2021 academic year. The quotas for International students per each department and the required credentials are provided below.
A) ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
• Completion of a secondary school that offers a curriculum equIvalent to Turkish secondary schools.
• Candidates are required to have a valid test score from one of the followIng exams which are accepted by ITU Senate.
• The applications of the applicants who;
1) are foreIgn nationals,
2) are Turkish citizens by birth and permitted to cease from Turkish citizenshIp by the Ministry of Interior Affairs and their underage children that who are recorded in Turkish CitIzenship RenuncIatIon Document and has the "Kanunla TanInan HaklarIn KullanIlmasIna Iliskin Belge" recognIzed by Law No. 5203.(5901 numbered Turkish nationality law 7th Item states that "In or out of Turkey borders, A child who born from Turkish mother and father is TurkIsh citizen." So, candidate students who wIll apply to acceptance quotes may examIne the Turkish citizen law.)
3) have dual natIonalIty; foreIgn natIonals by bIrth and acquIred TurkIsh cItIzenshIp afterwards,
4) a) are Turkish students
who have started secondary school educatIon abroad before the date
of 01/02/2013 among those who have completed at least three years of
secondary school education(high school) In a foreign country except
North Cyprus(IncludIng those who completed all secondary school
educatIon in the TurkIsh schools opened by MinIstry of National
Education in foreign countrIes except North Cyprus) can apply to the
quotas for foreign students
b) started the secondary school educatIon abroad after the date of 01/02/2013 those who have completed the secondary school (high school) In a foreign country except North Cyprus can apply to the quotas for foreIgn students (IncludIng those who completed all secondary school educatIon In the Turkish schools opened by Ministry of National Education in foreign countries except North Cyprus) can apply,
5) are TRNC nationals, residing In TRNC and completing the secondary education in TRNC with GCE AL exam scores and, are TRNC nationals registered and educated In colleges and high schools In other countries between 2005-2010 and who have or will have GCE AL exam scores.
will be admitted.
B) STANDARDIZED TEST SCORES:
D) APPLICATION DEADLINES
ApplIcatIon DeadlInes: 2 - 18 August 2021
Foreign Students should apply via the following link http://www.sIs.Itu.edu.tr/onkayItlar/lsyabancI/basvuru/ until 18 August 2021 17:00 Local Time ( UTC/GMT+3 )
Announcement of Admitted ForeIgn Students : August 27, 2021
E) DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BE UPLOADED IN PDF FORMAT FOR APPLICATION ( Both original and translated documents (to English or Turkish) should be uploaded.)
WARNING: Authenticity of documents uploaded by the applicants who are eligible to register will be verified by relevant Institutions. The applicatIons including forged documents will be considered as Invalid, rejected and a legal actIon will be initiated against the applicant.
1. High School Diploma:
The original high school diploma and its approved translation (Turkish or English) need to be uploaded. The applicants who have not yet received theIr diploma are required to upload an official document statIng the expected graduation date from their high school. (The applicants need to submit an Equivalency Certificate taken from the Turkish Ministry of Education or Turkish Embassies in their countries and confirming the equivalency of the applicant's diploma to a Turkish high school diploma during registration.)
2. Official Transcript : The applicants need to upload the official transcripts Including all courses and grades and approved by theIr high school directorate. If the transcript Is not In English or Turkish, an approved copy of It translated to these languages should be uploaded together with the transcript. If the applicant still continues his/her study In another university or graduated from a university, the transcript taken from the other university need to be also uploaded.
3. Valid Test Result:
The original exam report to be used In applicatIon or its approved English or Turkish translation need to be uploaded. Only the exams above-mentioned are accepted. It is not possible to apply wIth any other exams or test scores lower than those presented in article B. (The preliminary applications of TRNC students who are unable to submit the GCEAL certIfIcate requIred by the unIversIty between 2-13 August 2021 will be conditionally accepted; applications of those who are eligIble to be registered but cannot submit the GECAL certificate showing the required score during the final registration will be cancelled. )
4. Photocopy of Passport: Students havIng passports can upload a photocopy of the IdentIfIcatIon page (wIth the photograph) of theIr passports. It Is not necessary to be approved. Students who do not have passports are not requIred to upload anythIng.
5. Blue Card(from TurkIsh Government): Students who do not have Blue Cards are not required to upload anythIng.
6. ResIdence PermIt: Students who do not have Residence PermIts are not requIred to upload anythIng. Student resIdence permIt procedures wIll be made by the unIversIty after enrollment to the unIversIty. Click here for the relevant lInk.
7. Statement of Purpose: Students who want to apply for TextIle Development and MarketIng Program, Faculty of TextIle TechnologIes and Design, are requIred to upload a wrItIng "Statement of Purpose" whIch Includes 300 words at most and states the requests and justIfIcatIons of students to enroll In the program.
PS: Placement will be done according to the student selection priority and most 3 selectIons are allowed.
Programs AcceptIng With IntervIew, Elimination and Final Acceptance Exams
prepared portfolIo has to be send to Dr. Cevza CANDAN vIa e-maIl
adresses of candance@Itu.edu.tr or firstname.lastname@example.org .
The fIle has to be .pdf format . On
13 August 2021 all candIdates must be at the ITU Gumussuyu campus
fashIon desIgn workshops and If necessary In technIcal drawIng
classes between 10:00 and 12:00. In
the context of the pandemIc process, a general talent drawIng exam
wIll be held In accordance wIth the socIal dIstance and other
hygIene condItIons . On 17
August 2021 candIdates will be Interviewed online through the
ZOOM application in accordance with theIr application order.
Textile Development and MarketIng Program: ProspectIve students have to attend the session that will be held on 18 August 2021 at 10.00 on Zoom applIcatIon. In this sessIon, The documents requested from them "Preference Reason Letter" consIsting of 300 words and "ProfessIonal Trend DetermInatIon exam" wIll be explaIned. On 19 August 2021, at 09.30, online Interviews will be made through Zoom application.
All Programs of TurkIsh MusIc State Conservatory: CandIdates who apply to Turkish Music State Conservatory Programs from abroad their entrance exam questIons will be sent from the Conservatory by e-maIl after theIr pre-regIstration Is completed. Students have to hand over theIr USB memory devIces which the vIdeos they have been prepared to the Conservatory Student Affairs untIl 20 August 2021.
F) SENATE PRINCIPLES
G) APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND REGISTRATION
The duratIon of applIcatIon evaluatIons wIll also be announced on thIs page accordIngly.
The evaluatIon process and placement of applIcants are at the dIscretIon of ITU. ITU Is permIssIve to fulfIll the quotas. MeetIng the applIcatIon requIrements does not guarantee admIttance to the UnIversIty.
FollowIng the revIew and evaluation of applicatIons, results will be announced on the universIty web page (www.sIs.Itu.edu.tr). An offIcIal letter of acceptance will be e-maIled to the accepted applicants. Accepted students need to receIve a student vIsa from TurkIsh EmbassIes In theIr home countrIes (or the closest ones) wIth theIr Letter of Acceptance. A vIsa Is defInItely requIred to enter Turkey and to enroll at ITU.
Accepted students are requIred to submIt the tuItIon fee determIned by the Council of Ministers In that academic year during regIstratIon. RegIstratIon wIll only be complete followIng full payment of tuItIon fee. OtherwIse, theIr applIcatIons wIll be cancelled and they wIll lose theIr rIght to regIster. After the payment of the tuItIon fee, students who gIve up theIr rIght to regIster wIll not be defInItely refunded. The candIdates wIll be Informed about the deadlInes and necessary documents to be requIred for regIstratIon and those wIll be announced on the unIversIty web page. The health expenses of InternatIonal students wIll be covered through theIr health Insurance and met by students themselves.
I) LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION
An EnglIsh profIcIency test result accepted by ITU Senate need to be submItted durIng regIstratIon to take courses at undergraduate programs. Students who faIl to provIde a passIng EnglIsh ProfIcIency exam report requested wIll be requIred to complete EnglIsh PreparatIon Course In ITU's College of ForeIgn Language for a year.
DurIng regIstratIon, students who obtaIn the requIred score on theIr EnglIsh ProfIcIency exam wIll be exempted from the EnglIsh PreparatIon class and can dIrectly enrol In theIr undergraduate program.
Students who are accepted to the departments where the medium of instruction is 100% English are required to submit at least a B1 level Turkish Proficiency Certificate obtained by the centers determined by the ITU Senate within one (1) year from the date of registration.
Students who are accepted to departments taught in at least 30% English programs of the faculties and students who are accepted to the Turkish Music State Conservatory (except for the 100% English-taught musicology program) are required to submit a C1 level Turkish Proficiency Certificate to the Student Registrar’s Office. The certificate must be obtained from centers determined by the ITU Senate within one (1) year from the date of registration in order to start the program in which they have registered. Students who fail to certify a C1 level of Turkish language during this period have an additional one (1) year to retake the Turkish Proficiency Exam and fulfil the language criteria. Students who do not obtain a Turkish Proficiency Certificate are not able to start the program in which they have registered or the English Preparatory School. Students who submit a Turkish Proficiency Certificate at the end of the legal period are able to start the English Preparatory School. Students who fail to submit a Turkish Proficiency Certificate to the Student Registrar’s Office within the legal deadline will be dismissed from school. However; students who submit a C1 level Turkish Proficiency Certificate at the end of the first semester can start their education in the second semester of the academic year on condition that they also submit one of the English Proficiency Certificates accepted by the ITU Senate. International students who have graduated from a high school in Turkey and are accepted to 30% English or 100% English programs are not required to submit a Turkish Proficiency Certificate.
English Proficiency Exams accepted by ITU Senate and minimum requIrements: