The information about the residence permit of foreign students are as follows                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Türkçe



In accordance with the agreement made between Ministry of Higher Education and the Immigration Office ,  All residence permit processes for students will be conducted by their universities. Registered students must submit their residence applications to their own universities, instead of the location mentioned in the appointment form.


Time & Dates regarding collection of immigration and residence documents will be announced every month on our website. You must wait to submit your documents on the specified dates every month in the university after applying and obtaining the appointment from the official website of Immigration office.You should not take into importance or go to the location of the appointment in any circumstance. It is of utmost significance that you wait and submit your documents within the university, on the dates that will be announced in this website.


Students who have come with Erasmus programs should refer to the Erasmus office in student affairs for residence permit applications and ignore the details in this page.


The place will be İTÜ Student Affairs office  at the Ayazağa Campus .


The residence permit applications will be taken on these days ;


The dates will be announced in 2020 February

Please ignore the date of appointment indicated on the online application form after completing the application at . You must submit the following documents to ITU Student Affairs Office on the dates specified / to be specified on this website.

Get support to prepare your files through the Checklist before delivering documents (Do not put the printout of the relevant page in your application file, this file is for informational purposes only. )


The place will be İTÜ Student Affairs office  at the Ayazağa Campus .


 Please make sure to bring all of your documents:


1.    Application Form  (You receive it after completing the online application on


Before starting the online application form, make sure you have a digital copy of your Biometric photo on the computer which you are using.


       - If you apply for the first time please Watch the video to get help for filling the First application form


       - For Extension of Student Residence Permit please Watch the video to get help for filling the Extension application form


       - Please choose the following option " I Lodge a Transfer Application for residence Permit" in case you have any type of residence permit except Student residence permit .


(Disregard the appointment date, time & place indicated on the application form obtained after filling the form! The documents should be brought on the date specified on this page)


Sign the Signature field on page 5 of the online application form


Our university Adress : Reşitpaşa Mah. Katar Cad. No:2/1 Sarıyer / İstanbul


2.    4 photos (Biometric*, on white background) (Bring 4 separate biometric photos, Ensure the 4 photos are not attached to each other. )


3.    Your passport , Copies of the first page, visa and entry stamp pages of your passport (Photocopy of the first page of passport, visa (if any) and entry stamps are required, each on a separate page. Do not take all photocopies in a single page)


The original passport must be with you when you submit your documents to the University.


Students who do not have a passport with them for any reason during application must bring a notarized copy of their passport. There is no need for a notarized photocopy if the original passport with you when applying to the university.


If you have changed your passport you declared during the e-residence application (if you have received a new passport), you also have to bring the relevant copies of your old passport and new passport (first pages, visa pages, entry stamps) .


4.    Photocopy of both sides of your residence card (ignore if you do not have a residence card) Click for see the template.


5.    Student Certificate(you can take it from Student Registrar’s Office just take a number for Student Certificate first at the entrance of the building from the touch-screen) (Student certificate received via e-goverment will not be accepted)


The student certificate submitted must be received within the same month which the student is willing to submit the documents to the university (For example, if you will deliver the documents to the university in February, the student certificate you have to submit should be received in February) Student certificates taken priorly will not be accepted.


6.    A document that shows your address information and  Statement of Income Click for download the temlate.  (Printed , Full fill and Signed by the Student)  To get help for filling the document please click here

(Please do not bring your rent agreement, the document obtained from the Population Directorates or the settlement document obtained via E-government. These documents are not valid. Please bring only the file in the relevant link, printed, filled and signed)


7.    Valid health insurance **


 Please fill out this form if you do not have any insurance during the application and if you will request an insurance from SGK within 3 months.  Click for download the template.  (Printed , Full fill and Signed by the Student) To get help for filling the document please click here


If you have private health insurance or insurance by SGK , do not bring the file mentioned above.


Valid Health insurance types;


- Private health insurance (The policy must have the expression of "This policy covers the minimum coverage stipulated in the circular no 9, dated 06/06/2014, on private health insurance required to be taken out for residence permit applications.". Please present signed and stamped/sealed original of your insurance policy during application!


-  E-signed/signed and stamped/sealed provision document received from Social Security Institution (SGK)  ( Provizyon Belgesi )


-  E-signed/signed and stamped/sealed document to be obtained from provincial social security units which states that the foreigner is benefiting from the health services inn Turkey within the scope of bilateral social security agreements


(These documents has to be original, photocopies will not be accepted)


8.    Receipt of Residence Permit Document Fee *** ( If you pay the e-resident tax debt through the web site, you can download and print the file . If you pay the tax debt from the tax office, this document must be the original, Photocopy is not accepted or If you pay your fee with Vakifbank, Ziraat Bank or Halkbank branches 9207 - İKAMETGAH TEZKERESİ DEFTER SATIŞ BEDELİ tax code, you must bring the original copy of this receipt, photocopy is not accepted. )


9.    Declare and Accept declarations document .  Click here for download the template.  (Printed , Full fill and Signed by the Student) Please print, Full fill and sign this document twice.

       To get help for filling the document please click here

(This document has to be printed, completed and signed by the student)


10.  If the student is under 18 years old birth certificate and consent ( disregard if the student has visa requirements for enter to country ) (This document has to be original, photocopy will not be accepted)


Get support to prepare your files through the Checklist before delivering documents (Do not put the printout of the relevant page in your application file, this file is for informational purposes only. )

In order to increase the processing speed of both your and the documents of other students, please read the following instructions carefully;  

• In case you have taken an appointment from ITU Help, please be present in the student affairs office 10 minutes before the appointment.
• Place all your documents in a single transparent folder. *do not put each document in a separate transparent folder.
• Please prepare and sort the documents from No.1 to No.10 respectively.
• Please do not bring the tenancy agreement, documents taken from the population directorate or settlement document obtained from E-devlet.
• Please ensure you have printed out, filled and signed the documents specified in No.6 and No.10
• Remember to bring 4 passport photographs and payment receipt of the residence permit fee. 

         Do not forget to print, full fill and sign the Declare and Accept declarations document mentioned in number 9 twice.


* Your photo to be appeared in your residence permit must have been taken within the last 6 months, against a white background and biometric. Do not upload family, selfie, unrecognizable, non up-to-date or black and white photos into the system, otherwise residence permit document shall not be issued! If your photo is not biometric , no action will be taken

** (Insurance period must cover the intended residence permit duration. One of the following document is considered as sufficient)


***  You have 3 options to pay the tax debt; 

1) You can pay the tax debt via e-residence website You can print the payment receipt that you download from the internet (you must have completed the application for the payment button to be active via e-residence website, usually this button can be active within 10-15 days after the application is completed)

2) After completing the application form, you can go to the nearest tax office and pay the student residence permit. Click here for all tax offices contact information in Istanbul   . Click here for the nearest tax office .

After you complete your application, you can pay with your application number consisting of 20 ** - ** - *******.

3) You can pay at the nearest branches of Vakıfbank, Ziraat Bank and Halkbank with the tax code 9207 - İKAMETGAH TEZKERESİ DEFTER SATIŞ BEDELİ (Do not forget to take your passport, application form and residence card (if any) with you before going to the branches.


IMPORTANT NOTE 1: Documents specified in number 6 , number 7 and number 9  must be printed , full fill and signed . If you do not print, full fill and sign these three documents, no action will be taken. (If you already have the Private health insurance you don't have to print the Number 7 form just take the copy of your private health insurance papers )

IMPORTANT NOTE 2 : Photocopy and printer service is not provided by Registrar's Office

- Make sure that you have all of these documents. There will be no transactions with missing documents.

Important Note 3: Checking the status of your residence card

- If you are applying for the first time, please click on "I lodge an application for the first time" on following link then click "I would like to see my application result". You can then view your status after entering the required information on the page.

- If you are applying for an extension, please click on the button "I apply for the extension of the duration of residence permit" at then click on "I would like to know the result of my application". You can then view your status after entering the required information on the page.

 In case you can't reach the application form, please create a help ticket from this link. Select "Residence Permit" from the main category menu and select "I cannot access the residence application form" from the subcategory menu. Please write the 20 ..-..-....... number sent to your e-mail by the Migration Authority as the title and explain your situation in detail in the question section.

Important Note 4: After applying to Directorate General of Migration Management for residence permit, your residence card will be sent to the address indicated on the online application form approximately within 45 - 90 days.

Important Note 5: After submitting the residence application to our university, the students willing to go abroad should get a document signed and stamped by relevant personnel in the university along with the declaration document (Declare and Accept declarations document ) to Directorate General of Migration Management located in Fatih / Vatan Street in order to arrange a document to leave Turkey for 15 days.


Contact 1 : Our registered students can send us a help ticket Please select "Residence permit" from the category ( Kategori Seçimi ) selection also you can select your topic from the subcategory ( Alt kategori Seçimi ) selection screen that opens at the bottom

Contact 2: To contact the migration administration call center please dial 157

      CLICK HERE for frequently asked questions about residence permit.


      CLICK HERE for a presentation about residence procedures.