The information about the residence permit of foreign students are as follows (for new registered Master and PhD students)

The residence permit applications will be taken on these days ;


- 16TH OF JULY, TUESDAY (10:00 AM - 4:00 PM )

- 17TH OF JULY, WEDNESDAY (9:30 AM - 4:00 PM )

- 18TH OF JULY, THURSDAY (9:30 AM - 4:00 PM )

- 19TH OF JULY, FRIDAY (9:30 AM - 4:00 PM )


The place will be İTÜ Student Affairs office  at the Ayazağa Campus .


 Please make sure to bring all of your documents:


1.    Application Form  (You receive it after completing the online application on

2.    4 photos (biometric, on white background)

3.    Your passport , Copies of the first page, visa and entry stamp pages of your passport

4.    Copy of Residence card ( disregard if you do not have a residence card )

5.    Student Certificate(you can take it from Student Registrar’s Office(take a number for Student Certificate first at the entrance of the building from the touch-screen)

6.    A document that shows your address information and  Statement of Income (filled in and signed by you) Click for download the temlate.

7.    Health Insurance * (It is ok if you don’t have it at the time of the application, you will be able do it later too but you have to print and sign). Click for download the template.

8.    Receipt of payment from Tax Office for Residence Permit Card (Ikamet card)

9.  If the student is under 18 years old birth certificate and consent ( disregard if the student has visa requirements for enter to country )


* The duration of residence permit is arranged with respect to the validity of the health insurance of students (taking a 1 year private health insurance will enable you to only receive a 1 year residence permit) , However, Students filling the No.7 SGK form shall receive a residence permit for the duration of their study. (Please note; The SGK insurance should be made within 3 months)

- Make sure that you have all of these documents. There will be no transactions with missing documents.


Note : For detailed questions about residence . please call 157